Saturday, March 2, 2013

Easy Meatball Recipe


Jackie Scutella’s Meatball Recipe (yields 30 meatballs)

I eat so much before 3 PM at work, that I usually don't need much for dinner. I generally just get a 2 ft baguette with some butter and call it a regretful day. That's not so healthy. So, I thought I'd add some protein to my weekday meals. I made this recipe for the first time today and it was so easy (and delicious)! 


SAUCE
  • 45 oz marinara sauce
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
Pour tomato paste in a small bowl and add 1 can of water. Heat in the microwave for 30 secs and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth. Pour marinara and paste in saucepan. Bring to a low bubble.



BALLS
  • 2 lbs of ground beef
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 4 stale hamburger buns
  • 1 1/2 cups of good grated Italian cheese, preferably Romano or Pecorino
  • 2-5 cloves of minced garlic, to taste. (I used 5 - I happily have no friends)
  • 3 free-range eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley


Soak the hamburger buns in water, then squeeze the water out. Tear the bread into small pieces. Then, mix your ingredients by hand in a very large bowl. Roll into 1” balls. Drop meatballs into bubbling marinara sauce. Cook for 45 minutes.

I followed this with Spumoni, which was a great investment. 


Thanks Jackie and Ernie!
Love, 
Kelly

2 comments: