I eat so much before 3 PM at work, that I usually don't need much for dinner. I generally just get a 2 ft baguette with some butter and call it a regretful day. That's not so healthy. So, I thought I'd add some protein to my weekday meals. I made this recipe for the first time today and it was so easy (and delicious)!
- 45 oz marinara sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 stale hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 cups of good grated Italian cheese, preferably Romano or Pecorino
- 2-5 cloves of minced garlic, to taste. (I used 5 - I happily have no friends)
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Soak the hamburger buns in water, then squeeze the water out. Tear the bread into small pieces. Then, mix your ingredients by hand in a very large bowl. Roll into 1” balls. Drop meatballs into bubbling marinara sauce. Cook for 45 minutes.
I followed this with Spumoni, which was a great investment.
Thanks Jackie and Ernie!